Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Finally !... a little forward motion.

I hesitate to saying anything out loud... the Murphy Gods may look down and see I'm moving toward completion and put a stop to it.


Tonight I wanted to accomplish one simple thing... drill a straight hole through the center of the second elongated washer that sits at the bottom of the pilot's Stick Socket. (previously I had welded on both elongated washers without first drilling through the first washer and then the second... if you aren't or haven't done this... you won't have a clue as to what I am talking about)


This picture pretty much shows what I just said. You start out with a hole in one side and out the other on the tube. Washers need to be welded on to beef up the area. Weld on the first washer then drill through the hole on the uncovered side and through the pilot hole on the other. I did that on the first five I made... the sixth one I welded over both holes. DAMN ! But success was mine tonight and I was able to drill and straight and centered hole through the other side even though I originally screwed it up. (whew !)

All I need to do is weld the 3/8" tube and two washers onto the pivot area on the passenger's Stick Socket, file it smooth and then it's on to drilling the holes in the Stick Boots then on to putting it all together... can ya believe it ? I won't until it's finished.


No comments: